My Grandmother always began her talks with me by saying, “When I was young…” followed by any number of crazy references to the past. These stories have grown in complexity as time has moved on. She walked 10 miles to get to school everyday, through 5 feet of snow and in her bare feet!
I know now that my Grandmother was merely trying to get me to understand that my life wasn’t as hard as I thought it was. Sure I had to do my homework and keep my room clean but that really wasn’t that bad. See my Grandmother lives on a farm and if you know anything about farm living, it’s not easy! She had to milk the cows in the morning and do chores till sundown all while taking care of the family.
Her life was tough, no doubt about it but adult life today isn’t much easier. See back when my Grandmother had finished milking the cows, doing her chores and putting the kids to bed she was done. Today however, whether we realize it or not, we are constantly working. It doesn’t matter where I am or what I am doing, my cell phone is on 24/7 365 days a year. Through email, Facetime, text, Snapchat, and Twitter we are constantly working the keep up with the every changing global persona of this beautiful place we call Earth.
With our lives moving at the speed of light, we have to go out of our way to slow down. A home that is disorganized, cluttered and full of discord is not a relaxed one. There are a few simples things you can do however to make your home a more relaxing place to be at the end of long day of work.
Tips to Create a More Relaxing Home
- Add flowers (real or fake) to various rooms in your home. Flowers stimulate both your visual and olfactory senses at the same time creating a sense of euphoria.
- Choose the right paint colors for each room of your house. If you are trying to create a more relaxing atmosphere, bright red walls (like the ones in my son’s room) would probably not be the best choice. Stick with tranquil blues, greens and greys when trying to calm the atmosphere of a particular room.
- Remove the clutter in your home. Clutter does nothing but cause us to feel chaotic and unorganized. Neither of which instill a feeling of relaxation.
- Add white candles to tables and mantles. White candles add an air of calm and relaxation.
- Make sure the rooms in your home have adequate natural light bathing the walls. Mother Nature’s natural sunlight can do wonders for our mood. If a room in your home doesn’t have windows or they are too small, consider altering them with a Window Replacement Specialist.
Pure Energy Window Company would love to help you add, alter or even completely replace your old home windows. There are so many windows to choose from today that will all add both beauty and energy efficiency to your home. If you are ready to explore what new windows would do for your home, give Pure Energy a call today!
Free No-Obligation Consultation
Request your free no-obligation window replacement consultation with Pure Energy Window.