How much do new replacement window cost? If you are about to begin the process of replacing the windows in your home, this question is inevitably on your mind. This is one of the most frequently asked questions in the industry today, yet one of the most difficult to answer. The fact of the matter is, the cost of replacement windows varies greatly from the top to bottom. With each company representing its own manufacture and each manufacture carrying multiple window lines, this question can be very tricky to answer.
The entire replacement window process can become very overwhelming and end with a bad decision if you don’t spend a little time educating yourself. Before you contact a replacement window company for your first estimate, it helps to have a better understanding of a few variables that influence the price of residential windows today.
Let’s take a look at 5 things that will affect the cost of your replacement windows…
1. Window Quality: High vs Low
- As you can imagine, one the biggest influences of a replacement window’s price is the quality. Like most things in life, replacement windows have a high-end and a low-end. If you choose to replace the window in your home with your cheapest quote, it stands to reason that you will end up with a lower quality window replacement. Lower quality replacement windows will fade, crack, warp and wear out much quicker than their higher quality counterparts leading to premature and costly replacement.
2. Window Construction
- Like a high-end luxury automobile, quality windows have quality construction. Over the past decade, window construction has evolved into a science of energy efficiency. With each new window construction innovation comes better overall performance and efficiency. From Argon gas-filled tripe pane windows to welded corner gussets, replacement windows today are engineered for top quality performance and function. Spending a little extra time examining a window sample in your home, will pay off immensely in the long run.
3. Window Options
- Replacement windows today have more options than you may think. Gone are the days of inefficient single pane glass and pine wood sashes. Today’s replacement windows can be tailored like a fine suit. With each window option having multiple configurations, you design just the right window for each room of your home. Want a wood window in your kitchen to go with your cabinets but a white window in your bathroom to match your toilet? This is not only possible but also quite possibly the easiest decision you will have to make. You will have to decide double pane versus triple pane while also choosing what type of window material suits your home best. With more options comes more cost, so being aware of this will help keep your window replacement project in check.
4. Window Installation
- As was pointed out in a previous blog post titled “Your Replacing Your Windows…How Will Your Install Go”, the installation of your new replacement window is crucial to their overall performance and longevity. Unfortunately for most Southeastern Michigan homeowners, quality window installation is something very few people ever get. Most replacement window companies use subcontractors to install their windows. These subcontractors are paid per window they install and typically don’t receive any more compensation when a particular window install in more difficult or time-consuming. If you hire a company that uses its own installers, your labor costs will be higher but your installation quality with be top-notch!
5. Window Guarantee
- Window guarantees vary drastically from one company to another. Depending on what the window guarantee covers and for how long, it will be directly reflected in the overall window cost. Take for example your typical builder grade wood window with a sash or frame warranty of 10 years. When compared to new Pure Core windows from Pure Energy with a 50 Year Transferable Guarantee, 10 years seems quite silly. You hope your new windows will never have problems but if they do, taking a little extra time to research a company’s guarantee will save you time and headache in the future.
When shopping for right replacement window for your home, take time to consider all 5 of these price influencing factors. If you and your family need help deciding what windows are right for you, give Pure Energy Window Company a call today. Our window replacement specialists are standing by to assist you every step of the way.
We are a family owned and operated replacement window company servicing all of Southeastern Michigan and Lansing. Give us a call today to schedule a FREE In-Home Window Consultation. Call (844) 449-9990 or click on the link below to get started!
Could you save money with more energy efficient windows in your home?