Replacing the windows in your home can be an exciting experience for you and your family. New windows will improve the look of your home, lower your utility bills and even make your home a more comfortable place to live. However, as fun as this experience can be, it can also be a very daunting and confusing time if you don’t ask a few key questions.
When interviewing perspective replacement window contractors, there are 4 key questions to ask that will make your life and decision a much easier one. Lets take a look..
1. How energy-efficient are your windows?
- Every smooth talking salesman in the replacement window industry will tell his windows are the most energy-efficient windows you can buy. The truth of the matter however is most companies sell mediocre windows at best. The best way to evaluate a window’s energy performance is to take a look at the NFRC sticker. Energy Star rated windows with U-Factors and Solar Heat Gain Coefficients below .25 are considered highly energy-efficient. If you are hoping to lower your utility bills by installing new windows, don’t skip this question!
2. Do your windows come in an interior and exterior color that would work with my existing color scheme?
- You want the interior and exterior finish of your new windows to work well with the existing color of your home. Far to often, homeowners spend little to no time evaluating window color until they have decided to hire a particular company. Before you spend hours listening to a sales presentation or researching a particular company, make sure the color of the windows they offer is something you could live with if you decide to hire them to do the work. Some high quality windows can be ordered in custom colors making this decision a much easier one!
3. What type of material is used to make your windows?
- Much like window color, having a good understanding of what type of windows a particular company sells is key before deciding to interview them. Over the past eleven years I have seen the same thing over and over again. Homeowner tells me that they would never consider having wood windows installed into their home but in the same breath says they want to get an estimate from Pella. Before scheduling an estimate with a replacement window company, ask them what type of windows they sell to be sure they have what you want. You wouldn’t go to a Ford dealership if you wanted to buy a Cadillac!
4. Are the window installers you use subcontractors or do they work exclusively for your company?
- My Dad always said, that just having the right tools to do a job doesn’t mean you are qualified to do it. Most replacement window companies in Southeastern Michigan use subcontractors to install their windows. These subcontractors are paid per installed window and have very little incentive to take their time and do the job right. Spending a little more time looking for a company that uses exclusive installers will pay off in the long run. Not only will you and your family get a more professional installation but if any problems do occur there will be no finger-pointing as to who’s responsible for fixing the problem.
Replacing the windows in your home doesn’t have to be an overwhelming experience. By taking your time and asking the right questions, your will discover the right company to help you with your replacement window project. If replacing the windows in your home is on your To-Do-List for this Spring, give Pure Energy Window Company a call today to schedule a FREE In-Home Window Consultation. Pure Energy is a Family Owned and Operated replacement window company that prides itself on Quality with a Personal Touch. Call Toll Free (844) 449-9990 or click on the link below to schedule a FREE In-Home Window Consultation today!
Free No-Obligation Consultation
Request your free no-obligation window replacement consultation with Pure Energy Window.