A question we often get asked at Pure Energy is “Should I keep grids in my new replacement window?”. The answer to this question is not an easy one. There are however a few things you can consider when trying to answer this question:
1. Do the other homes in your neighborhood have grids in them now?
2. If your neighbors have already replaced their windows, what did they do and do you like the look?
3. What style home do you live in? Most colonial homes have grids in them, hence the name Colonial Grid.
4. Would you rather be able to see out your windows better or is the curb appeal from the road more important to you?
5. Do you have a homeowners association that requires you to have grids in your new windows?
If all else fails, drive around some neighborhoods and get a feel for how windows look with and without grids. In the end, it’s your home so you should do whatever you want. Just make sure you give it some thought. Replacing the high performance glass in a window just to add back the grids you choose not to do, can be very costly. Give Pure Energy a call today to see how we can make your home look beautiful, with or without grids!
Free No-Obligation Consultation
Request your free no-obligation window replacement consultation with Pure Energy Window.