Congratulations you have decided to replace your old inefficient windows with new high performance replacement windows. Now that you know your old windows will soon be moving out, you can begin to focus on whether or not you want to change the size of your new windows.
Provided you don’t live in a condo complex where your decisions are made for you, you will need to decide whether or not you want to make a particular window larger. Unlike downsizing a window, making a window larger requires little more than a reciprocating saw and a steady hand! Here are a few reasons to have larger windows in your home.
1. Let the light shine in
- The undisputed #1 reason to make the windows in your home larger is to let more natural sunlight in. Last year I put an addition on my home and I made the windows in this new room as big as I could possibly make them. They were so big that many people asked me why I had made them that big. Come to my house for breakfast around 10am and you will quickly realize why I made my windows so big! Natural sunlight is great for our health and does wonders for our mood. Let the light shine in, you won’t regret this decision.
2. Increase your home’s value
- Looking for a simple way to increase the value of your home? New replacement windows provide a 75% Return on Investment making them a great way to add a few extra dollars to the value of your home. Larger windows look beautiful and thus make your home more attractive to a potential buyer. Most luxury homes across the United States are packed full of larger expansive windows.
3. Improve ventilation
- A stuffy home is a house and nobody likes to live in a house when a home is so much more comfortable. Looking for a way to increase the ventilation factor throughout your home. Larger windows can provide up to 50% more ventilation than their smaller counterparts. In addition, casement windows provide the greatest amount of ventilation making them a terrific alternative to double hung and sliding windows.
4. Take advantage of your view
- Is your backyard a beautifully landscaped slice of heaven where your kids play and your dog soaks up the sun? Why not take advantage of the scenery and make the rear facing windows larger? Larger windows in your home can provide a unique opportunity to truly enjoy the world just outside the four walls of your home. Unless you live in a desert filled with miles and miles of sand, let Mother Nature in and enjoy the view!
5. Provide a focal point
- Looking to fill a space on the wall but just can’t find the right piece of art? Create a focal point with a large window filled with the ever-changing outside landscape. A long rectangular shaped window in a formal dinning room can add that finishing touch that just may be missing! Don’t be afraid to completely design and decorate an entire room around a large focal point window.
This article has been written by the publishing staff at Pure Energy Window Company. We are family owned and operated replacement window company servicing all of Southeastern Michigan and Lansing.
If you are considering replacing the windows in your home, give Pure Energy a call today. Call (248) 446-6100 or click on the link below to get started!
Free No-Obligation Consultation
Request your free no-obligation window replacement consultation with Pure Energy Window